Edibles are now one of the most popular items in any dispensary, they’re an easy and fun way to enjoy the benefits of cannabis without having to subject your lungs to the harsh smoke of combustion.
However, there’s a lot to be said about doing something for yourself. Cooking homemade edibles is a cannabis tradition that dates back decades, maybe even centuries. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite easy and fun cannabis edible recipes. With these, anyone can create tasty edibles that they can be proud of.
Serving Size: 4
Time: 2 Hours
- 12 Grams of Cannabis
- 4 cups of whole milk
- Decarb your cannabis in an oven preheated to 250°F for 35 minutes. Following this evenly grind it into a coarse powder.
- Heat your milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Carefully stir in your decarbed cannabis for 45 minutes. Be careful not to allow the temperature to rise above 200°F
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Finally, strain it through a fine mesh into a bowl.
Infusing some milk with cannabis is a fantastic way to open up a whole range of new edible experiences. Everything from cereal, to a cup of coffee, can be given an extra kick with the addition of this easy-to-make weed milk.
Serving Size: 5
Time: 25 minutes
- 5 Tablespoons of cannabutter
- 2 ounces of bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of cake flour
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and grease a baking pan with butter and line it with parchment paper.
- Fill a saucepan with water to a depth of 1 inch. Combine your chocolate and cannabutter in a medium bowl and set it over a saucepan. Cook it, gently stirring it until it has melted together.
- Break the egg into a bowl, add your sugar, salt, and vanilla and whisk it together. Gently stir in the chocolate mixture and then fold in the flour.
- Evenly spread the mixture into your pan and bake for about 15- 20 minutes.
Pot brownies are a classic of the edibles scene. These delicious and moist brownies are a treat on their own, if anything, their active effects are a bonus! This classic dessert can easily be made vegan by swapping out the cannabutter for a vegan substitute. The binding proteins found in the egg can be replicated by simply adding the equivalent weight in the finely mashed banana.
Serving size: 8
Time: 25 – 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons of cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sliced white onion
- 1 sliced bell pepper
- ½ head of broccoli
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- ½ cup of vegetable stock dissolved in water
- Salt to taste
- Chop and gently saute all the vegetables in a wok
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the vegetable stock and cannabis-infused coconut oil.
- Gently stir in the curry powder, garlic, and cayenne pepper
- Heat until the curry reduces to a thicker consistency
- Add the sauteed vegetable and cook slightly for 2 minutes
This is a more involved form of edible, more of a sit-down dinner than a quick snack. However, this delicious curry is a fantastic way to enjoy the effects of cannabis. Though it will take longer to kick in than vaping or smoking cannabis, it also lasts far longer.
Serving size: 1
Time: 2 hours
- 750ml of bourbon
- 7 grams of cannabis
- Decarb your cannabis in the oven
- Place the decarbed cannabis into a mason jar. Then, sour the bourbon over it.
- Place the jar into a double boiler. Fill the boiler with enough water to cover the jar.
- Simmer this for around 60 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool and then strain it through some cheesecloth.
This potent mixture is for the classy cannabis aficionado. Be careful when preparing this drink, it’s important to avoid heating it over an open flame, and do not allow it to reach 170 degrees (this will cause it to ignite). Once cooled, you can enjoy all the flavor of fine bourbon with the added effects of THC.
Serving size 40
Time 60 minutes
- 130 grams of butter
- 250 grams of flour
- 120 grams of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 grams of cannabis
- 2 eggs
- Decarb your cannabis in an oven
- Heat up your butter in a saucepan and gently stir in your decarbed cannabis
- Heat the mixture for 30 minutes and then strain it through a cheesecloth and allow to cool.
- When the butter is ready, place it into a bowl. Add the sugar and eggs and beat well. As you stir slowly add the flour.
- Separate the mixture out into individual balls on a baking tray covered with greased parchment paper.
- Place these into an oven that has been preheated to 140°F.
- Allow to bake for around 15 minutes.
Another edible classic, cookies offer a quick and easy way to make a lot of great edibles in a short space of time. You can easily customize it with chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and all manner of other goodies!